Community Services and Recreational Programming
Description of Services
- Improve the quality of life for senior citizens.
- Meet the social, economic and physical needs.
- Issues disabled parking permits for medically verified individuals.
- Medical van service
- Reduce incidences of juvenile delinquency, gang violence, adolescent violence and anti-social behavior
- Increase developmental assets, strengthening, educational, and recreational programs for youth under the age of 21
- Fund and monitor youth program contracts with community and social services agencies. Provides counseling to youth at the request of the parents, school authorities, law enforcement or by order of City, County, and Family Court.
- Contracts with Not-for-Profit agencies throughout the City of Buffalo to provide comprehensive services to the residents of the City of Buffalo.
- Monitor and audit contracts with community based organizations funded through Federal Community Development Block Grant (C.D.B.G.) and Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (H.O.P.W.A.) funds and common council public service funds.
- Contracting of services allows for the most cost efficient way to provide neighborhood driven services.
- Implement a systematic review of contractor performance in meeting required Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity mandates Federal, State, and City of Buffalo.
- Job training, job search and job placement services are provided at the Buffalo Employment and Training Center (BETC), a certified Workforce New York One-Stop Career Center.