Welcome Log out
Have any questions or concerns? Give us your feedback
InspectionsAddress - 304, City Hall, Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone Number - (716)-851-4949
When Should Inspections Occur?
Inspections are required at the completion of each phase of construction: Foundation – Framing – Mechanical – Insulation – Vapor Barrier – and completion, in order to approve work that has been done so that it may be enclosed or so that the next section of work may be done. Inspections are usually due at the following or similar times in a project; this list is not a complete list:
· after excavation for foundation/pier/caisson/grade beam or other subsoil structural work is complete and before formwork is placed,
· after formwork and reinforcing for subsoil structure is in place,
· after the concrete pour for subsoil structure,
· sometimes before and during structural or framing work, and always after structural/framing work is done and before it is covered,
· after electrical, plumbing, gas, heating, cooling, air conditioning, or process piping rough-in and before closing work in,
· after insulation has been installed,
· at the point where any mechanical has its fixtures installed,
· at the point where old work is uncovered which was done not to the code then in force, and which will have to be corrected,
· at the point where work is proposed which would deviate from the plans,
· if any accident or natural event affects or may have affected the structure,
· at the completion of a project,
· for a Certificate of Compliance or Certificate of Occupancy
· after any complaint received by the Division of Citizen Services.
Who is Responsible for Seeing That Inspections Occur?
The Contractor, Construction Manager, project Foreman, or other Agent for the project is responsible for finding out who the inspector/s will be for various parts of the project, what their required advance notice time is, and for calling in time to allow for timely inspections at each inspection point during the project. (at least 24 hours prior notice)
Electrical - 716-851-4928
Plumbing – 716-851-5067
Paper and/or electronic records are kept of each inspection. These records are all a matter of public record and available to the public.
© 2001-2011 City of Buffalo
Photos by Angel Art LTP, compliments of the Greater Buffalo Convention and Visitors Bureau. Additional photos by Adrian Roselli, compliments of Algonquin Studios