Management Information Systems
Chief Information Officer
The Department of Management Information Systems provides the following major services to all city departments and many agencies such as the Buffalo Sewer Authority and the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority:
- Local Area network infrastructure.
- VoIP phones to all City Hall departments with voicemail.
- Internet Access to all city employees (office use only).
- Email capabilities to all city employees (internal and external).
- Training and support for Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Windows Operating system and all city computer systems.
- Fully functional and interactive Web site for City of Buffalo - www.city-buffalo.com
- Microsoft Share Point Services and fully function Intranet.
- Document Management infrastructure with multipurpose print / scan / fax devices.
- GIS - Map development, Common Council redistricting, GIS application develpment and online Parcel viewer.
- Design, implement and maintain computer systems for:
- City Payroll with Employee self assist feature
- Budget and appropriations
- CRM system (311)
- General ledger and accounting
- Purchasing and accounts payable
- Tax billing and accounts receivables
- User Fee (Garbage) billing and receivables
- Property/Parcel information portals
- Law department Case and Contract Management System
- Parking enforcement and summons management
- Housing inspections and enforcement
- Building Permits - Issuance and management
- Business Licenses – Issuance and management
- City Treasury – Teller and cash management systems
- City Clerk – Birth, death and marriage certificates
- Civil Service Examination and applicant tracking
- Records Management – Common Council Proceedings, Genealogy records
- Various misc. functions
- Maintain City’s WAN with VPN server and various communication modes.
- Maintain all PCs, printers and communication equipment owned by the City.
- Payroll processing.
- Ad-hoc report and data requests (e.g. Payroll, Parcel, Budget Information etc.).
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable processing.